Tuesday, January 22, 2013

From MT to an Audit Executive


When I embarked on a new journey last year, I was quite uncertain as to where & what I will end up, but my restless spirit wouldn't let me settle down in my MT avatar, so  with backing of my sister and mom, I took the plunge.

I have jotted a few points regarding my experience in the new sector. 

1.  New job, new skill set, new orgn, new culture: To move from a desk job to one which require lot of travel is something quite mind boggling.  Keyboard skills from previous job came in handy while preparing reports on MS Excel and Word.  The organisation culture is hardest nut to crack & takes some time to sink in like for eg calling guys senior to you by adding suffix sir, even though they may be younger in age.  The working style of a large organisation is also entirely different with each executive reporting to someone above him, who in turn reports to someone above him........so for anything which needs coordination of 2 different departments, you can imagine the time it takes. 

2.  Salary/pay:  The best part of this was that you get paid in the last day of the month, you also get pay slip which helps if you are planning taking loan.

3.  Travel:  Audit requires lot of travel.  Once you settle down in the routine, it is fun, visiting new places, getting to know different people, making new friends and acquaintances.  Company provides guest house at most places with kitchen and all accessories, so needless to say you can cook and eat whatever you like.

4.  Seniority has got weight:  Unlike in BPO sectors, here each year that you worked for the organisation counts.  You may find the going quite difficult in the start, but if you get used to the system, you can find you way. Your incentive, bonus everything is calculated based upon your seniority in the organisation, so it pays to stay with the group.

THIS POST WAS WRITTEN IN SEPTEMBER 2012, BUT COULD'NT BLOG IT THEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment